Friday 7 February 2014

Starting to pack

Each day I am getting a little closer sailing off into the unknown, and I must admit I'm starting to get a little nervous.

On Saturday we started listing our furniture for sale. In 45 minutes we had about 12 responses for one chest of drawers. It was gone in 90 minutes. Our friends were bidding and buying all over the place!

Suddenly, all at once, we had started packing. We had lost an important bit of storage and found ourselves with much of our stuff thrown on the bed and in need of sorting, packing or binning as necessary.

I don't think either of us were expecting the response we got!

But as with any big change, this activity means stress and mess. The living room is slowly being swallowed in cardboard as our precious things are packed away and the essentials are added to the now mountainous pile of things to pack.

I really need to do a trial pack, as I'm afraid I'm going to have wildly overestimated how much capacity 35L translates into.


On the upside, the car passed its MOT with no problems!


No comments:

Post a Comment